Your child is in the final year of learning Stage 1.
Students in Year 2 build on their basic reading, writing and maths skills through a variety of activities.
Help your child learn
Letting your child know that you are interested in what they’re learning, and helping them with their homework will benefit their education.
Here are useful links with tips on how you can help your Year 2 child with their early literacy and numeracy skills.
Information in English and community languages, visit Parents guide to the NSW Primary Syllabuses (PDF 1.3MB)
- Five ways to build your child’s literacy skills (PDF 1400KB) (also in community languages)
- Writing Stage 1 (K-2)
- Reading Stage 1 (K-2)
- Spelling Stage 1 (K-2)
- Talking and listening Stage 1 (K-2).
- Literacy and numeracy tips (also in community languages)
- Five ways to build your child’s numeracy skills (PDF 709KB)
- Parents count too (also in community languages).