Merrylands East Public School

Create the future

Telephone(02) 9637 2638 or (02) 9637 8119


Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

If you live in our intake area and would like to apply to enrol at our school, start by submitting an online enrolment application. Online enrolment is currently only available for Australian or New Zealand citizens and permanent residents.

If you are not able to apply online or you prefer not to, download the paper application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

Online enrolment can also be used for out-of-area enrolment. Please note that out-of-area enrolment procedures are subject to the department’s enrolment policy.

Enrolment applications are finalised at the school.

For more information, visit pario school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

Moving to high school

Visit the moving to high school page to find out more about the transition of year 6 students into year 7.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

The Out of Area enrolment policy for NSW Government Schools has changed. Please read the following documents to learn more about out of area placements.

NSW Department of Education - Enrolment Policy (PDF 676KB)

Merrylands East Public School Enrolment Policy (PDF 395KB)

Starting school in Kindergarten

Your child can start Kindergarten at the beginning of the school year if they turn five on or before 31 July in that year. By law, all children must be enrolled in school by their sixth birthday.

Parents of children born between 01 January and 31 July can choose between sending their child to school the year their child turns five or the year they turn six. It is recommended to seek advice from your preschool to check if your child is ready for school.

Applying to enrol for all students

To enrol at Merrylands East Public School you must collect an enrolment form from the school office located at the Walker Street entrance.

All new enrolments must have an interview with the Principal or Deputy Principal where your enrolment form and supporting documents will be reviewed.

The office staff will inform you of the required documents you need to supply in order to complete your child’s enrolment. Original documents must be sighted and copied by the school. These documents include the following:

  1. Proof of age - birth certificate and/or passport
  2. Proof of Australian  citizenship
    •  birth certificate if one or both parents were born in Australia
    • passport of child or Citizenship Certificate of child or Citizenship Certificate of parent/s before their child was born
  3. If your child is a permanent resident, you will need to supply their visa documentation and the passport they are travelling on
  4. If your child is a temporary resident, you will need to supply their visa documentation and the passport they are travelling on. Temporary Visa Program forms will also need to be completed and submitted with the school enrolment form. Fees may apply depending on the visa class.
  5. Proof of residential address - a gas or electricity bill, rates notice or lease agreement showing the name and address of the parents of the enrolling student must be supplied.
  6. Immunisation History Statement from Medicare showing all immunisations given to the child
  7. Family law or other relevant court orders (if applicable).

Once the interview has been completed and all the required paperwork has been processed you can purchase a uniform from the school uniform shop. All students at Merrylands East Public School are required to wear the school uniform every day.  

Temporary residents will need to wait until the Temporary Residents Program has given Merrylands East the authority for your child to start school.

Parents of Kindergarten students will receive information about the Orientation Program and when to start the following year.

For more information on enrolling in a NSW Government School please click here (NSW Department of Education - Going to a public school)

Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.